Cost per serving $0.22 view details
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Unsweetened Drink Pwdr (Kool-Aid)
- 1/3 c. Vegetable Shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and drink pwdr.
- Stir with a wire whisk till blended. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening till proportionately distributed and mix resembles corn meal. Spoon about 1/3 c. mix into each of 10 small containers or possibly ziplock bags.Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents. Store in a cold dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 10 pkgs. Children's Lemon Cake Mix.
- To Use:1 pkg. Children's Lemon Cake Mix4 tsp. water
- Preheat mom's oven to 375*. If using an Easybake oven, follow directions for baking cakes.
- Grease and flour a 4 inch miniature cake pan. In a small bowl, combine cake mix and water. Stir with a fork or possibly spoon till blended and smooth. Pour mix into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 min in mom's oven or possibly as directed in play oven. Remove from oven. Cold in pan on rack for 5 min. Invert cake onto a small plate. Remove pan. When cold, frost with Children's White Frosting if you like.
- Serves 2 children.
- NOTES: Any flavor of Kool-Aid pwdr can be used for a wide variety of flavors. For a white cake mix, omit the pwdr. If desired, a drop or possibly two of vanilla may be added at the time the cake is prepared. RF4RP
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 46g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 62||30%|
|Total Fat 7.02g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.62g||6%|
|Trans Fat 2.28g|
|Total Carbs 34.33g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|