- 1 lb Grnd beef
- 1 lb Warm pork sausage, grnd
- 1 lb Smoked sausage, * see note
- 1 lrg Onion, coarsely minced
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped (or possibly more)
- 1 lrg Bell pepper, cut in 3/4" chunks
- 1/3 c. Yellow corn meal
- 2 can Minced tomatoes, (28oz. each)
- 2 can Kidney beans, (27oz. each)**
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd oregano
- 3 Tbsp. Chili pwdr
- 1 tsp Grnd coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp Celery seed
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper, *** see note
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce, *** see note
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 2 x Dry serano chiles, *** see note (2-4)
- 1/8 tsp Dry habanero peppers, (powdered) ***
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 c. Red wine
- * Cut this up into 1/2" chunks. I do not recommend using more than 1 Pound because it'll make it taste like spaghetti sauce! :-(
- ** Drain and reserve 1/2 of the liquid to mix with the corn meal
- *** These things just add in the "Zing" and not much full bodied flavor. Which is what the wine and other things do for it.
- 1. In a large pot, brown the beef, pork, onions and garlic over medium heat.
- 2. After the above is browned, add in the bell pepper and the smoked sausage.
- Cook for 5 - 10 more min.
- 3. Reduce heat to low (and drain most of the fat IF YOU ARE WATCHING THINGS!)
- 4. Blend in the tomatoes and spices and simmer for 5-10 min.
- 5. Stir in the liquid removed beans. In a small bowl, mix the bean liquid with the corn meal till it's like pancake patter.
- 6. Mix the "batter" into the chili and simmer for 10 to 15 min or possibly MORE.
- I simmer my batchs for about 2 hrs, so use your judgement on this.
- 7. Sprinkle with Mozzarella or possibly Gouda cheese and serve with sourdough bread.
- Or possibly, make a Chili sandwich with a good sourdough roll.
- FOR THE BEST TASTE, FREEZE THE RESULT TO "CURE" THE MIX! THAW, HEAT AND SERVE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SIDE EFFECTS OF
- THIS RECIPE! IT IS VERYVERY Warm!:-) NOT FOR THE WEAK AT HEART!