Cost per recipe $2.19 view details
- Â Â This recipe used to call for Fines herbs, but most people have
- Â Â difficulty in obtaining them. See www.penzeys.com for the herb blend.
- 1 x Broiler fryer - cut up
- 3 c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp MSG
- 2 tsp Onion Pwdr
- 2 pkt DRY Instant Chicken Broth (Don't Use Canned)
- 2 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 c. Flour
- 2 tsp fines herbs
- 1. Cover chicken with mix of water and salt. Refrigeratein bowl for least 1 hour.
- 2. Combine herbs, onion pwdr, seasoned salt, instant chicken broth, and pepper in a blender and mix well. Place this mix in a bowl. Add in the flour to this bowl. Mix flour and seasonings well.
- 3. Remove chicken from water, and dip it into the flour mix coat well.
- Place coated pcs on a plate for 5 min.
- 4. Heat sufficient shortening or possibly salad oil to make 1 inch depth in a large skillet. Heat to 375 degrees. Fry chicken pcs turning once, every 5 min, be sure to cook chicken till done. Lift chicken out and drain on paper towels.
- You can keep the chicken hot in the oven by placing it in the oven, and serve when all pcs are finished cooking.
- MSG stands for Monosodium Glutamate. It is a chemical, found in your grocery store with the spices. It can be sold as MSG or possibly under the brand name
- "Accent". Some people are extremely allergic to MSG, over 98% of the population is not. It serves to make flavors stronger, and almost pop right out at you.
- Fines herbs used to be used more frequently many years ago. Fines herbs was a poultry seasoning. Since so many people have difficultly in obtaining the herb, it has been removed from the recipe. If you can access Fines herbs add in 2 tsp. to the flour mix.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 982g|
|Calories from Fat 41||7%|
|Total Fat 4.67g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.08g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 102.2g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|