Cost per recipe $7.44 view details
- 1 c. zweiback crumbs or possibly graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 c. blanched almonds toasted lightly, cooled completely, and grnd fine in a food processor
- 1/2 stk unsalted butter melted and cooled (1/4 c.)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 lrg Large eggs separated, the whites at room temperature
- Â Â a 14-oz can sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Key lime juice (available bottled at specialty food shops) orfresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- Make the crust:In a bowl combine well the crumbs, the almonds, the butter, and the sugar,
- press the mix onto the bottom and side of a 10-inch pie plate, and bake the shell in the middle of a preheated 350Â°F. oven for 10 min, or possibly till it is browned lightly. Let the shell cold on a rack.
- In a large bowl beat the yolks with the condensed lowfat milk and stir in the lime juice, a little at a time, stirring to combine the filling well.
- Spoon the filling into the shell and refrigeratethe pie for 1 hour. In a bowl beat the egg whites with a healthy pinch of salt till they hold soft peaks, add in the sugar, beating, 1 Tbsp. at a time, and beat the meringue till it
- holds stiff peaks. Spread the meringue over the filling and bake the pie in the middle of a preheated 350Â°F. oven for 15 min, or possibly till the
- meringue is just golden brown. Refrigeratethe pie for 2 hrs.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1073g|
|Calories from Fat 1354||40%|
|Total Fat 156.07g||195%|
|Saturated Fat 66.74g||267%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 438.21g||117%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.5g||35%|