Cost per serving $0.67 view details
- 1 x 9 Inch pie crust prepared and baked
- 12 ounce sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. KEY lime juice (no substitutes!!!)
- 4 x Large eggs separated
- Combine condensed lowfat milk, egg yolks, and Key Lime Juice. Pour into crust.
- Topwith stiffly beaten egg whites for meringue. Brown quickly and lightly.
- Serves 6-8.
- NOTES : Key limes are as different from "regular" limes as peaches are pears. The very definition of a "key lime pie" is a pie made with juicefrom key limes. A pie made with any other kind of lime juice may be tasty,but it is NOT a key lime pie!!
- Beware: Some unscrupulous vendors are marketing things like "Key West LimeJuice" (Trader Joe's here in California is one of the guilty).
- This meansabsolutely nothing; the juice in the bottle is NOT key lime juice; they arejust trying to fool you with the name. Read the ingredients list - if itdoesn't say key lime juice then it isn't key lime juice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 110g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 120||40%|
|Total Fat 13.45g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5.85g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.23g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|