Cost per serving $0.38 view details
- 1 x 9 inch pie crust, prepared and baked
- 1 can (12-ounce) sweetened condensed lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Key lime juice, (no substitutes!)
- 4 x Large eggs, separated
- Preparation Time: 0:20
- I was once again disappointed to read not one but several "key lime pie"
- recipes, NONE of that called for juice of key limes! What next "Scallops in Cream Sauce" made with oysters instead of scallops "Cherry Pie" made with raspberries
- So, in order to be constructive instead of just griping, here is a key lime pie recipe. There are many variants; this one happens to have meringue, for example, and some don'teaspoon But all of them use juice from key limes and only juice from key limes; hence the name of the pie, and its*distinctive*
- I've put a caution in the Notes section about jerks trying to make you think you're buying key lime juice (and thus willing to pay through the nose) when you're really buying juice from run-of-the-mill green limes.
- Combine condensed lowfat milk, egg yolks, and Key Lime Juice. Pour into crust. Top with stiffly beaten egg whites for meringue. Brown quickly and lightly.
- Serves 6-8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 68g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||53%|
|Total Fat 9.75g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.51g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.09g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|