Cost per recipe $24.25 view details
- 2 x pheasant
- 1/4 c. salt
- 1/3 c. soy sauce can use low sodium
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar Onion pwdr to taste
- Rinse pheasant. Put pheasant in a large bowl with salt. Cover pheasant with water. Soak at least 1 hour. Drain and rinse pheasant.
- Mix marinade ingredients. Put pheasant and marinade in large container and put in the refrigerator. Marinate at least 2 hrs, stirring pheasant every so often to keep pheasant coated with marinade.
- Put pheasant in crock pot with 1/2 c. of water. Throw away left over marinade. Cook on LOW 5 to 7 hrs. Check occasionally and add in water as needed.
- You can add in some barbecue sauce during the last 30 min or possibly so of cooking, if you like.
- Comments: This comes out so tender it is falling off the bone. Great flavor!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 917g|
|Calories from Fat 537||38%|
|Total Fat 59.5g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 17.27g||69%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.86g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|