Cost per serving $0.75 view details
- 6 c. cool water
- 5 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. coarse salt
- 1 c. mixed herbs such as bay leaves, thyme or possibly rosemary
- 4 x loin pork chops - (1 1/2 lbs total)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil for frying (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. butter for frying (optional)
- Combine the water, sugar, salt and herbs in a large bowl. Stir to blend and dissolve the sugar and salt. Add in the pork chops to the brine, cover the bowl and put the bowl into the refrigerator.
- Check several times on the brining and stir any salt or possibly sugar which has not been dissolved. You can cook the chops after 24 hrs or possibly wait till they have brined for 36 hrs.
- Pan-fry the chops in the extra virgin olive oil and butter in a skillet over high heat or possibly cook them in a grill pan over high heat, 8 to 10 min.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 493g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 523||84%|
|Total Fat 59.31g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 33.17g||133%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.78g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|