Cost per recipe $9.84 view details
- 1 med Onion, minced
- 2 x Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 4 ounce Green chiles, canned minced
- 15 ounce Italian-style stewed tomatoes, canned and minced and with their own juice
- 4 c. Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Lemon pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Chili pwdr
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp Warm sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 lb Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 c. Non-fat lowfat sour cream
- 4 x Corn tortillas
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute/fry 1 minced medium onion (about 1 c.) and 2 chopped garlic cloves (about 2 tea spoons) in 2 table spoons of vegetable oil over low heat for 5 min till onion is softened.
- 2. Add in one 4 oz can green chilies - minced, a 15 oz can Italian-style stewed tomatoes (minced and with their own juice), 4 c. chicken broth, 1 tea spoon of lemon pepper, 2 table spoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tea spoon of chili pwdr, 1 tea spoon of grnd cumin and 1/2 tea spoon of warm sauce. Simmer for 20 min.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine 4 table spoons of flour with 1/2 c. water and whisk into soup.
- 4. Bring the soup back to a boil and simmer for 5 min.
- 5. Add in 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes.
- Simmer for 5 min.
- 6. Stir in 1/3 c. non-fat lowfat sour cream, salt, and pepper to taste.
- 7. Cut 4 store-bought corn tortillas into 1/4 inch strips. Lay them on a baking sheet with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 min or possibly till they are lightly toasted and crispy. Sprinkle lightly with salt if you like. Garnish strips across the top of the finished soup with fresh coriander.
- NOTES : This spicy chicken soup makes an easy and great for an outdoor lunch or possibly a light summer supper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1751g|
|Calories from Fat 456||36%|
|Total Fat 51.87g||65%|
|Saturated Fat 12.87g||51%|
|Trans Fat 0.79g|
|Total Carbs 107.78g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.2g||57%|