Cost per serving $2.54 view details
- 4 x Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 x 9-oz pkg fresh fettuccine
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 c. Half and half
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 2 lrg Red bell peppers
- 8 x Green onions
- Dip chicken first in butter on both sides, then in cajun seasoning. Set aside on platter. Wash red bell peppers, cut lengthwise and remove core, and cut in 1" wide strips. Wash and trim green onions, leaving whole and about 5 to 6 inches long. Set aside.
- Fill medium pot with water 2/3 full and bring to boil. Preheat outdoor gas grill. Place fettuccine in boiling water and separate gently with pasta fork. Put chicken breasts on Warm grill, close lid, cook 4 min. Remove pasta and rinse and drain, place in hot spot. In the pot you used for the pasta, heat butter over low heat. Turn chicken on grill, and grill the pcs of bell pepper while chicken finishes cooking, about 3 min.
- Remove cooked chicken and peppers from grill, quickly cover with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven (325 degrees). Add in half and half and cayenne to melted butter, place cooked fettuccine in pot, and toss together with sauce.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast in 1/2" slices lengthwise. Divide pasta among four plates, and place one sliced breast over top of pasta on each plate. Garnish with the green onions and grilled peppers.
- NOTES : When you place the chicken on the grill, you're about 10 min from eating, and you'll have your hands full from then on, so
- it's very important to have everything else done before the chicken
- goes on. Make sure the table is set, the salad is made (but not
- dressed), and rolls are in the oven at 325 before you start the
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 279g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 310||49%|
|Total Fat 35.4g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 21.0g||84%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 59.48g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.9g||23%|