Cost per serving $1.24 view details
- 2 tsp onion pwdr
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry thyme leaves crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grnd allspice
- 1/2 tsp grnd red pepper
- 1/4 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 4 x boneless pork loin chops trimmed of Fat
- 4 c. cooked white rice
- 2 x green onions finely minced
- Combine onion pwdr, sugar, thyme, salt, allspice, grnd red pepper and nutmeg in small bowl; mix well. Rub pork chops on both sides with spice mix.
- Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook pork chops about 5 min per side or possibly till juicy and barely pink in center.
- Serve pork chops over rice; sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with red onion and geranium leaf, if you like.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Spice rubs are a traditional method of adding sweet and savory flavor to meats and poultry. This way of cooking has been used on the Caribbean islands for years but is just being rediscovered here for its health value: lots of flavor without a lot of fat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||14%|
|Total Fat 5.01g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.72g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.62g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|