Cost per serving $1.92 view details
- 1 c. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. White wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. Orange juice
- 1/4 c. Soy sauce
- Â Â Juice of 2 limes
- 1 c. Red onion, diced
- 4 x Scallions, finely minced
- 2 x Habanero peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh thyme, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd allspice
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Fresh grnd black pepper
- 1 tsp Grnd nutmeg
- 1 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 24 ounce Chicken breast halves without skin, (four 6oz)
- Â Â Jerk marinade
- 8 x Flour tortillas, (8-inch)
- 2 x Red bell peppers, * see note
- 2 x Yellow bell peppers, * see note
- 2 c. Monterey jack cheese, pepper-flavored, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 3 x Ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1/4 c. Red bell pepper, roasted and minced
- 1 bn Scallions, green part only
- 3 Tbsp. Red onion, chopped
- Â Â Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Sambal oelek, (Indonesian chile paste)
- *Notes: Roast the peppers, skin them, seed them, and cut in lengthwise thin strips.
- Prepare the Mango Chutney:Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl, mix well and chill, covered, till one hour prior to serving. Allow to come to room temperature prior to serving.
- Prepare the Jerked Chicken Quesadillas:Combine ingredients for jerk marinade in a large nonreactive bowl. Mix well.
- Marinate chicken breasts overnight in jerk mix.
- When ready to prepare dish, drain chicken breasts and char-broil or possibly pan sear till cooked but not dry. Dice meat into small pcs.
- Make quesadillas by placing tortillas on a flat work surface. Arrange chicken, peppers and cheese proportionately over the tortillas, then cover each with another tortilla.
- Heat a large skillet or possibly griddle, add in a bit of oil and place 1 quesadilla in warm pan. Brown lightly on one side, reduce heat, turn quesadilla over and brown lightly on the other side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and arrange on serving platter.
- Serve hot, with Mango Chutney on the side.
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 249g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 286||65%|
|Total Fat 32.26g||40%|
|Saturated Fat 7.78g||31%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 21.45g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|