Cost per serving $0.03 view details
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- About 35 jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour, and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop out level teaspoons of dough, and roll into balls (chill dough briefly if it becomes too soft to handle). Place balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch (do not let cookies color), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press a jelly bean into center of each cookie (surface of cookies may crack slightly). Cool on sheets 1 minute; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Notes: I used my hands during the final mix, otherwise they seemed to not stick well. Also, press the jelly bean in lightly, the cookies tend to crack. I used and leveled off a teaspoon to get 35 cookies, otherwise if you make normal size cookies you will probably get about 12 -18 cookies in the batch.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 7g|
|Recipe makes 35 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||38%|
|Total Fat 1.47g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.88g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.92g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|