Cost per serving $4.57 view details
- 450 gm Floury potatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 1 sm Onion
- 300 gm Chopped lamb
- 250 ml Warm lamb stock
- 2 Tbsp. Mild curry paste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic puree
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp Dark soy sauce
- 150 gm Mixed frzn vegetables
- 2 x Tomatoes, roughly minced
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 x 50 grams block mature Cheddar, grated
- Â Â Salt and white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 200 gm Curly kale
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
- 1 Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 8-10 min till tender.
- 2 Heat 1 tbsp sunflower oil in a large saute/fry pan. Dice the onion and cook in the pan with the mince for a couple of min till beginning to brown.
- 3 Stir in the curry paste, ketchup, stock, garlic puree and soy sauce.
- Bring to the boil and simmer rapidly for 3-4 min.
- 4 Drain the potatoes well and return to the pan. Mash well and beat in the butter and lowfat milk till smooth and creamy; season to taste.
- 5 Slate the cornflour with a little water and stir into the pan with the mixed vegetables and minced tomatoes.
- 6 Bring back to the boil, stirring till slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 7 Spoon the mince mix into a heatproof pie dish and spoon over the mashed potato. Using a fork, mark a criss-cross pattern on the top.
- 8 Scatter over the cheese and place under a medium grill for a couple of min till the cheese melts and the pie is speckled with brown. Heat the oils in a wok and stir-fry the kale on a very high heat for 1-2 min.
- 9 Toss in the sesame seeds and soy sauce. Spoon the pie onto plates and add in the kale, and serve.
- Variation: Spiced-mince pasta bake: toss with cooked pasta spirals, scatter over the diced mozzarella and bake for 15 min or possibly so till warmed through, bubbling and golden
- Tip: Use frzn vegetables. Use other vegetables to make the topping such as parsnips or possibly swede.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 493g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 410||64%|
|Total Fat 45.98g||57%|
|Saturated Fat 12.02g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 32.43g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||25%|