Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 3 c. cooked short-grain rice, (preferably Arborio)
- 1 c. coconut lowfat milk
- 15 ounce canned diced pineapple, with juices
- 1/2 c. brown or possibly white sugar
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp. dark rum Grnd nutmeg, for garnish
- MAKES 10 SERVINGS VEGAN
- Pineapple, coconut end rum imbue this sweet treat with a taste of the islands.
- Combine all ingredients except nutmeg in medium saucepan. Cook for 10 to 12 min over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; let cold slightly. Refrigeratefor at least 1 hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, spoon pudding into bowls; sprinkle nutmeg over top.
- Garnish if you like with tiny paper umbrellas or possibly swizzle sticks.
- Makes 10servings.
- Helpful hint: 1 c. uncooked Arborio rice cooked in 3 c. water for 20 to 25 yields about 3 c. cooked rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 110g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 16||10%|
|Total Fat 1.92g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1.59g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.52g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|