This is a print preview of "Japanese Teriyaki Chicken" recipe.
Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Buy a bottle of Teriyaki sauce? NO!! It is amazingly easy to make teriyaki sauce at home. All you need is soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. The key ingredient is mirin, which adds shiny look (teri). You can find mirin in Japanese, Korean or Chinese grocery stores .
|Prep time: 30 minutes
|Cook time: 15 minutes
Goes Well With: sticky rice, miso soup
Wine and Drink Pairings:
beer, japanese sake
1 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
2 tbsp sake (rice wine)
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin (sweet rice wine)
2 tbsp sugar
- Poke chicken using a fork.
- Mix other ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- First, fry the SKIN side of the chicken (very important for crispy skin!) on medium heat until the skin is browned.
- Turn the chicken over to fry the other side on low heat.
- Pour the sauce used to marinate chicken in the pan.
- Cover the pan and steam cook the chicken on low heat until done.
- Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce becomes thick.
- Stop the heat.
- Slice the chicken and serve on a plate.
- Pour thickened sauce over the teriyaki chicken.