Cost per recipe $14.77 view details
- Â Â (udon)
- 8 ounce dry soba noodles
- 8 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 lb fresh shiitake or possibly brown mushrooms, stems removed, slivered
- 2 Tbsp. sake or possibly mirin
- 2 Tbsp. tamari or possibly reduced- sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. miso paste
- 2 c. packed spinach or possibly bok choy leaves, washed, dry and coarsely minced
- 4 x scallions finely minced
- 1/4 c. grated daikon radish or possibly carrot
- In a large pot, bring at least 3 qts of water to a boil. Slowly add in soba.
- Return water to a boil and cook till the noodles are just tender, about 5 to 7 min. Drain and rinse well, working your fingers through the strands to separate them. Set cooked noodles aside. While noodles are cooking, chop vegetables and assemble remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth and ginger in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add in mushrooms. Simmer for 8 min. Add in sake or possibly mirin, tamari or possibly soy sauce and rice vinegar. In a small bowl, whisk a ladleful of the broth with miso to dissolve it, then return the mix to the pot along with spinach or possibly bok choy. Simmer for 2 min more then remove from heat.
- Divide the noodles among soup bowls and ladle the soup over the top. Garnish with scallions and daikon or possibly carrot
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2454g|
|Calories from Fat 37||4%|
|Total Fat 4.29g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.99g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 198.82g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.2g||51%|