Japanese Fried Chicken; My Hometown Style Recipe
Marinade chicken in soy sauce & wine & ginger & garlic mixture and fry until golden. Definitely yummy,
|Cook time: 30 minutes||Servings: 6|
Wine and Drink Pairings: beer, Japanese sake, soju, wine
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
2. Put chicken, ginger, garlic, say sauce and sake in a large bowl and mix well. If you have an opened bottle of Japanese sake, just use it. But you don’t have to buy one only for this recipe. I have tried red and white wine instead and both worked fine.
3. Marinate it for 2-3 hours or overnight. You can make a large amount of this and freeze for quick dinner later on.
4. Add eggs and flour in the bowl. Usually a Kara-age recipe tells you to coat chicken with flour but my hometown recipe mixes all in the bowl. It holds the flavor better and easier to fry.
5. Mix it well.
6. Heat oil in a large pan and fry until appetizingly brown. Oil temperature should be about 350 F.
7. A kitchen drinker enjoying sizzling hot fried chicken.
8. Cut lemon in wedges and serve.