Cost per serving $3.55 view details
- 4 c. dashi
- 1/2 sm carrot notched lengthwise
- Â Â with lemon zester so which thin slices
- Â Â look like flower petals
- 1/4 c. matchsticks of daikon radish
- 4 slc sea bass or possibly other hard fish cut exactly
- Â Â into 1" by 1" squares
- 8 x tiny lemon rind slivers white scraped away
- Put salted water on the boil to cook the vegetables: first, the carrot flowers till just tender; then the daikon; finally the fish boxes. Drain each by turn.
- When ready to serve, heat the dashi to a boil. Set out the heated bowls and arrange the fish, carrot flowers, and daikon strips in them. With a large ladle, carefully pour the dashi into each bowl and top with a few strips of lemon rind. Serve immediately.
- Serve warm to 4 people in beautiful c..
- Comments: Wintry, yes; but subtly so. Here the aromatics of dashi are given weight with a small slab of fish, a flower of carrot, and daikon sticks. A bracing and stimulating prelude to a meal.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 129g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||18%|
|Total Fat 2.58g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.66g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|