Cost per serving $1.33 view details
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. dry Sherry
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 x garlic clove chopped Kosher salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 8 x skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into thirty-six pcs, abt 1 1/2 " ea
- 2 bn scallions - (abt 10) white and pale green parts cut into 24 (1 1/2") lengths
- 24 x canned whole water chestnuts rinsed, liquid removed Lemon wedges as needed Mustard, preferably Chinese-style as needed
- 12 x wooden skewers for skewering the chicken and vegetables
- To make the Marinade: In a saucepan whisk together the soy sauce, Sherry, sugar, ginger, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Bring the mix to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 min. Let the marinade cold. (The marinade can be made in advance, and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.)
- To make the Skewers: On each skewer alternate 3 pcs of chicken with 2 scallion lengths and 2 water chestnuts. (Skewer the water chestnuts carefully so they do not split; and begin and end with the chicken.) Arrange the skewers in a large shallow baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken and vegetables. Marinate at room temperature, turning once, for 30 min. (The skewers can be marinated up to overnight.)
- Arrange an oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler and preheat.
- Arrange the skewers on a foil-lined baking sheet, reserving the marinade. Broil the skewers, basting occasionally for the first 6 min. Continue broil, turning occasionally, till the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 min. Throw away any remaining marinade. Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve with the lemon wedges and mustard.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 12||11%|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.33g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 11.17g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|