Cost per serving $0.97 view details
- 1 1/2 pkt Active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 c. Hot water (100-115 deg.)
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 5 c. All-purpose or possibly hard wheat flour plus 1 c. if necess.
- 3 Tbsp. Yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. Egg white,mixed with 1Tbl. cool water
- Combine the yeast with sugar and hot water in a large bowl and allow to proof. Mix the salt with the flour and add in to the yeast mix, a c. at a time, till you have a stiff dough. Remove to a lightly floured board and knead till no longer sticky, about 10 min, adding flour as necessary.
- Place in a buttered bowl and turn to coat the surface with butter.
- Cover and let rise in a hot place till doubled in bulk..1 1/2-2 hours.
- Punch down the dough. Turn out on a floured board and shape into two long, French bread-style loaves. Place on a baking sheet which has been sprinkled with the cornmeal, but NOT buttered. Slash the tops of the loaves diagonally in two or possibly three places with a single edge razor blade or possibly sharp knife, brush the loaves with the egg white wash. Place in a Cool oven, set the temperature at 400 degrees, and bake 35 min, or possibly till well browned and hollow sounding when the tops are tapped.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 592g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 30||2%|
|Total Fat 3.58g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.56g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 258.63g||69%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|