Cost per serving $3.27 view details
- 5 x Celery ribs, trimmed, sliced
- 2 x Bell peppers, stemmed, cored, seeded
- 1 med Red onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 med White onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 med Yellow onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves, the cloves peeled
- 1 sm Bunch fresh basil (or possibly 2 Tbsp. dry)
- 1 sm Bunch fresh oregano (or possibly 2 Tbsp. dry)
- 1/2 bn Fresh thyme (or possibly 2 Tbsp. dry)
- 3 can (28 ounces each) tomatoes, diced
- 2 c. Sun-dry tomatoes, cut into pcs
- 2 lb Boneless chicken, cut into pcs
- 1 lb Wing-ettes (wings without the tips)
- 5 x Bay leaves
- 4 Tbsp. Pure mild chile pwdr
- 2 lb Andouille sausage
- 2 lb Peeled, deveined tiger shrimp
- Â Â Salt
- Â Â Warm steamed rice
- Puree celery, peppers, onions, garlic and herbs (except the bay leaf) in a food processor. Transfer to a large pot; add in the canned and sun-dry tomatoes, the chicken, bay leaves and chile pwdr. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium an cook for about 35 min.
- While the mix cooks, thinly slice the andouille sausage and roast in 350F oven for about 15 min (this will render out a lot of the grease).
- Add in andouille to the pot, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for about 30 min. Add in shrimp and cook for about 5 min. Season with salt to taste. Serve over rice.
- Serves 10 to 12.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 242g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 348||68%|
|Total Fat 38.68g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 13.09g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.76g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||16%|