- 300 grams almonds (lightly toasted). Use 150 grams whole and 150 grams chopped in half.
- 220 grams of sugar plus extra for coating
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- Lightly toast your almonds in the oven on a metal pan, at 350 degrees, for about 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove them from your pan and allow them to cool before you chop half of them.
- In a non-stick saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. When it is completely melted add the sugar in and stir.
- When the butter and sugar are fully incorporated, add in the honey and increase the stovetop heat to medium. Stir constantly and cook until the mixture is a light caramel colour. Add in the almonds. Stir and cook the mixture on low heat for about two minutes more.
- Turn out the mixture onto an oiled counter or buttered parchment paper and allow it to spread out into a 10-inch circle. Quickly smooth the top of the circle to create an even layer.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes, then cut it into 4 or 5 strips while it’s still warm. Cut each strip into small diagonal pieces (about 1/2 inch wide) and roll in sugar, coating all sides.
- Cool completely and store in a sealed container. Add it to your dessert or cookie trays for the holidays!