Cost per serving $0.39 view details
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 6 mild, sweet Italian sausage links
- 6 cups cooked Great Northern beans w/ Â½ cup cooking liquid
- 1 (14 to 15-oz.) can plum tomatoes in juice, chopped and juice reserved
- 1 tsp. dried sage or 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 cup water
- In a large skillet with lid, heat oil over medium heat, and add garlic. SautÃ© garlic until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add Italian sausages and cook until evenly browned but not cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove sausages and slice into 1-inch pieces. Add Â½ cup reserved bean cooking liquid, tomatoes and juice, and sage.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans and 1 cup water. Cover skillet and simmer until sausages are tender and cooked through, adding water in Â¼ cup increments if mixture gets dry, about 30 minutes. If you like a thicker sauce, uncover and simmer a few additional minutes until sauce thickens
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 94g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||84%|
|Total Fat 10.26g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.69g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.74g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|