Cost per serving $3.23 view details
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound spicy or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil and oregano in juice
- 8 ounces of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large can spinach, well drained
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sautÃ© until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sausages and sautÃ© until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up the sausages a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream and butter; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices.
- Add sage and basil.
- Add well drained spinach and wine.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta.
- Return pasta to same pot; add sauce.
- Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 398g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 421||51%|
|Total Fat 47.31g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 20.36g||81%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 66.44g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.0g||17%|