- This soup is best eaten right when it is done, since the tortellini will soak up all the broth if left too long.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb dry tortellini, any kind of filling
- 6 x Italian sausages, mild is best
- 4 can of beef broth full strength (like Swanson's)
- 4 can of water
- 1 bn fresh spinach, minced
- 1 x Spanish onion, minced (red)
- 2 x tomatoes, minced
- 2 x or possibly 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bn fresh basil, minced
- 5 x or possibly 6 med zucchini, sliced salt and pepper parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large stockpot heat the extra virgin olive oil. Cut the Italian sausage in slices, this iseasiest if the sausage is partially frzn. Brown the Italian sausage for about4 min. Then add in the onion, garlic, tomatoes and basil and brown for anotherminute. Add in the beef broth and the water, the zucchini and the spinach. Add in salt and pepper. Bring this to a boil. When the soup comes to a boil add in the tortellini and boil till the pasta is al dente. Garnish with parmesan cheese.