Cost per recipe $18.99 view details
- 1 lb Sweet Italian sausage or possibly chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 c. Minced onion
- 2 lrg Garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 c. Beef stock or possibly canned broth
- 2 c. Minced tomatoes, (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 can Tomato sauce, (8-oz)
- 1 lrg Zucchini, sliced
- 1 lrg Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 med -sized green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. Dry red wine
- 2 Tbsp. Dry basil
- 2 Tbsp. Dry oregano
- 8 ounce Purchased fresh cheese tortellini, up to 10
- Â Â Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Saute/fry Italian sausage in heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat till cooked through, crumbling with back of spoon, about 10 min. using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to large bowl. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. drippings from Dutch oven. Add in onion and garlic to Dutch oven and saute/fry till translucent/soft, about 5 min. Return sausage to Dutch oven.
- Add in stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, wine, basil and oregano. Simmer till vegetables are tender, about 40 min.
- (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
- Add in tortellini to soup and cook till tender, about 8 min. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
- Serves 6.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3252g|
|Calories from Fat 1373||51%|
|Total Fat 152.82g||191%|
|Saturated Fat 53.77g||215%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 199.79g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.4g||68%|