Cost per serving $1.85 view details
- 4 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounce mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 ounce sliced prosciutto (or possibly thinly-sliced deli ham)
- 3/4 c. shredded Italian fontina cheese
- 1 sm garlic clove thinly sliced
- 2 lrg plum tomatoes - (6 ounce) peeled, seeded, and slivered
- 1 tsp finely-minced fresh basil leaves Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts between two layers of wax paper and lb. with a meat mallet to 1/4-thick cutlets.
- Heat 2 tsp. of the extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the mushrooms and saute/fry till lightly browned, 2 to 3 min. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; let cold.
- Arrange one slice of prosciutto over each cutlet. Sprinkle fontina cheese over prosciutto, dividing it equally. Mound one quarter of sauteed mushrooms in the center of each cutlet. Fold the long sides of the cutlet toward the center, then roll up, enclosing the mushroom filling.
- Tie the chicken rolls with kitchen twine and place them seam-side down on a small baking pan which has been lightly oiled. Rub the chicken roll with 2 tsp. of the extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Bake for 25 min or possibly till chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should register 165 degrees when measured with a meat thermometer.)
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and saute/fry till golden brown. Add in the tomatoes and cook for 2 min. Stir in the basil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- When the chicken is ready, remove the twine and slice each roll into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Fan the slices out on four individual dinner plates and serve each with a spoonful of the tomato-garlic sauce.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 109g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 116||58%|
|Total Fat 13.1g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 5.0g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 1.44g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|