Cost per serving $0.83 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c. diced pancetta (Italian style bacon)
- 1/2 sm onion minced
- 1 sm celery stalk minced
- 1 sm carrot minced
- 1 x garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 c. diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth mixed with
- 1Â 1/2 can water
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 3/4 c. low-carbohydrate fusilli shaped pasta cooked according to
- Â Â package directions
- 1 c. canned cannellini beans rinsed, liquid removed
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepot over medium heat, cook pancetta, onion, celery and carrot 5 min, till vegetables are softened and pancetta is lightly golden brown. Add in garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add in tomatoes, chicken broth mix and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 min.
- Coarsely chop fusilli and add in to saucepot, along with canellini beans. Cook 10 min, stirring occasionally. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Before serving, sprinkle each bowl of soup with 2 tsp. of Parmesan.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: Since low-carb macaroni is not available yet, coarsely chop fusilli to make it similar in size to the vegetables and beans.
- Description: "This is the classic Italian peasant soup - Atkins style. We cook the low carb pasta before adding it to the soup to keep the flavors clean."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 271g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||48%|
|Total Fat 5.8g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.01g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.48g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||10%|