Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion finely minced
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 med carrot peeled, and
- Â Â cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 lrg celery stalk cut 1/4" dice
- 2 can large white cannellini beans - (16 ounce ea) liquid removed, rinsed
- 7 c. water
- 2 c. diced zucchini
- 2 x bay leaves
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning mix
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1Â 1/2 c. ditalini (tiny tubular pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a soup pot. Add in the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery, and saute/fry over medium heat, stirring frequently, till the onion is golden brown. Add in the beans, cooking liquid or possibly water, zucchini, bay leaves, herb mix, and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer, then simmer gently, covered, till the zucchini is just tender, about 10 min. Remove from the heat and allow the soup to stand for an hour or possibly so to develop flavor.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the pasta al dente. Rinse briefly under cold water till it stops steaming. Add in the parsley to the soup and heat it through. When the soup is warm, add in the cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper. Serve at once.
- This recipe yields 8 or possibly more servings.
- Description: "This Italian standard, served with fresh bread and a salad, is a meal in itself."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 397g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 40||26%|
|Total Fat 4.48g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.75g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.23g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||25%|