My grandma first made this for me when I was 5 years old. I added red, orange, and yellow bell peppers to give the soup more personality......Love at first site. From that day on, I have have enjoyed eating lobster and will for the rest of my LIFE!
- 2 8-oz frozen lobster tails
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped orange pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 tablespoon oil, 6 cups chicken stock, or broth
- 7 oz diced tomatoes (Roma), remove seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon frsh basil
- 1/3 cup conchigliette or other small pasta
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- Partially thaw frozen lobster. Split lobster tails in half lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise to make 8 portions.
- In a large covered saucepan cook onion, bell peppers, celery in oil till tender but not brown.
- Add chicken stock or broth, tomatoes, zucchini, parsley, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook, uncovered, just until pasta is tender.
- Reduce heat.
- Add lobster and fresh spinach.
- Cook about 5 minutes longer or till lobster is done.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 156g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||26%|
|Total Fat 4.0g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.36g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 21.11g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|