This recipe is an all time favorite of mine - it has been handed down for over 3 generations in my family - I've made some changes to it as time has gone by - but it is still mouth-watering and I know you will love it!
- 3 lbs ricotta
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- grated orange and lemon rhine
- 2 tsps orange extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- small handful of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of finely ground graham crackers or zyback crackers
- Mix all ingredients (except for ricotta) together. Put ricotta through sifter and then blend in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Generously butter pan - sides, bottom - all around.... add 1/2 box of grated zyback crackers, finely ground or 1/2 - 3/4 cup of finely ground graham crackers - depending on how thick you want your crust; add 1 tablespoon sugar to crumbs. Now sprinkle enter cracker mixture all over the bottom only! of your pan. Use a 10 inch springform pan
- Now add all ingredients into crusted pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Allow to cool - best to refrigerate overnight before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 179g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 148||40%|
|Total Fat 16.5g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 9.25g||37%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.02g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|