Cost per serving $1.63 view details
- 8 ounce unsweetened crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 x cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red-pepper flakes
- 24 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 - 6 ounces each
- 1/2 c. onions diced
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp jalapeno pepper chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Strain the pineapple; reserve the juice. Place the pineapple in a medium bowl. Cover and chill.
- Place the pineapple juice in a shallow nonmetal dish. Add in the soy sauce, honey, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Mix well. Add in the chicken and turn to coat all sides. Cover and chill for at least 4 hrs or possibly up to 24 hrs, turning occasionally.
- Preheat the grill or possibly broiler. Coat the grill rack or possibly broiler pan with no-stick spray.
- Remove the pineapple from the refrigerator. Add in the onions, brown sugar, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Mix well. Let stand at room temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; reserve the marinade. Grill or possibly broil 4" from the heat for 5 min. Turn and cook for 5 min, or possibly till the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Check by inserting the tip of a sharp knife into 1 breast.
- Transfer the marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 min, or possibly till reduced by half. Pour over the chicken.
- Top with the salsa.
- Makes 4 servings
- To freeze, pack the cooled cooked chicken and sauce in a freezer-quality plastic container. Pack the salsa in a separate freezer-quality plastic container.
- To use, thaw both overnight in the refrigerator, Cover the chicken and microwave on high power for,3 min. Top with the salsa.
- NOTES : Serve this fast freezer entree with a side dish of rice or possibly orzo.
- Here are 5 more recipes from the Prevention Freezer Cookbook. It is a great cookbook for cooking in bulk and freezing meals for lazy and busy cooks. Most of the freezer cookbooks rely on canned soup for the sauce - and grnd beef for everything else. I am sick of seeing umpteen versions of barfaroni, and this cookbook has a lot of other, less familiar, food choices in addition to having lower fat.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 189g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||6%|
|Total Fat 1.44g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.38g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 24.69g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|