Thanks Claudia. Yes, it is delicious toasted which I had for breakfast for a few days.
Cost per serving $0.45 view details
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine the baking soda and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add 1 cup of the buttermilk -- setting aside the remaining 1/2 cup.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and buttermilk with a wooden spoon until the milk is absorbed and then gradually add in the remaining milk until a soft dough is formed.
- The dough will quite sticky, you may have to add 1/4 cup more flour until it is workable.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your hands and counter and form the dough into a ball.
- Place it into an 8" inch cake pan that has been sprayed with pam.
- Wet a large knife and slice it almost half-way through the dough to make a large cross.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until it is lightly golden on the top and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 197g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||4%|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.67g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 81.9g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|