Cost per serving $0.87 view details
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsps baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- For the Whiskey Ganache Filling:
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 TBSP butter, softened
- 3 tsp Irish whiskey
- For the Bailey's Frosting:
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 6 TBSP Bailey's Irish Cream
- To make the cupcakes:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 24 cupcake cups with liners.
- Bring Guinness and butter to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl to combine.
- Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs and sour cream on medium speed until combined.
- Add the Guinness-chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and beat until just combined.
- Reduce the speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat briefly.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the batter until completely combined.
- Divide the batter among the cupcake liners.
- Bake around 17 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes on a rack
- To make the Ganache filling:
- Melt chocolate in microwave at one minute increments.
- Heat the cream until simmering and pour it over the chocolate.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir it from the center outward until smooth.
- Add the butter and whiskey and stir until combined.
- Let the ganache cool slightly.
- To fill the cupcakes:
- Using a 1 inch round cookie cutter (or bottom of a large decorating tip), cut the centers out of the cooled cupcakes, going about 2/3 of the way down.
- Spoon ganache into the holes in each cupcake to the top.
- To make the Bailey's frosting:
- In a stand mixer, whip the butter on medium high speed for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Reduce the speed to medium low and gradually add the powdered sugar until all of it is incorporated.
- Add the Baileys, increase the speed to medium high and whip for another 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Using your favorite decorating tip, or an offset spatula, frost the cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Store the cupcakes in an airtight container.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 119g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 311||56%|
|Total Fat 35.77g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 22.27g||89%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.3g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||10%|