Cost per recipe $1.17 view details
- 12 ounce Wholemeal flour (Me - 1 lb)
- 4 ounce White all purpose flour (Me 1/2 lb)
- 1 tsp (level) bread soda (Me..very heaped tsp)
- 1 tsp (level) salt
- 1/2 pt Sour lowfat milk (buttermilk) (Me..about 1 pint)
- 1 tsp Baking pwdr (Me)
- Â Â Handful oatflakes, small handfull bran and some wheatgerm - whatever is in the kitchen! (Me)
- I'm listing an actual recipe and the differences between it and what I do in brackets. Hope it will not be too confusing.
- Sieve the cream flour, bread soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add in the wholemeal flour. Mix, make well in the centre and add in sufficient lowfat milk to make a soft dough,mixing with a wooden spoon. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead lightly till there are no cracks. Make circular shape with dough, place on a floured tin and cut a cross in the top. Bake preheated 400F/200C/Gas 6 for 40-45 mins. When baked bread should sound hoolow when tapped on base.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 702g|
|Calories from Fat 83||5%|
|Total Fat 9.84g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.81g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 345.59g||92%|
|Dietary Fiber 44.6g||149%|