Cost per recipe $1.64 view details
- 1 can Baked beans, (I use vegetarian baked beans)
- 2 x Warm dogs, (I use Yves brand Vegetarian Chili dogs, but any kind of warm dog will do)
- 1/2 x Onion, (up to 1)
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar, about
- I also make a baked bean casserole which can be either a vegetarian meal or possibly a meat dish. Give my Mom credit for this one!
- all of the ingredients together in a glass baking dish. (Optional, season with garlic, oregano, red pepper.) Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for about an hour.
- I love this as a middle of the week meal, because I have thrown it together in under 5 min and then just let it cook itself! Sometimes I put a whole butternut squash in the oven at the same time as the casserole. Then both will be done at the same time. It also works well with a side dish of rice or possibly (my favorite) elbow macaroni noodles with the bottoms browned in butter.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 653g|
|Calories from Fat 327||36%|
|Total Fat 36.46g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 13.92g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 123.71g||33%|
|Dietary Fiber 20.4g||68%|