This is a print preview of "Individual Flan" recipe.
Individual Flan Recipe
1 c. Sugar
1 Tbsp. ,Water, warm
8 x Egg
1 1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Salt
1 quart Lowfat milk, scalded
- Servings: 12 Fat grams perserving: 6Approx.
- Cook Time: 1:00 Cholesterol per serving: Marks:
- Place 1 c. sugar in a heavy saucepan; place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, till sugar melts and syrup is a light golden.
- Remove from heat; add in water, stirring well. Pour warm caramel mix into 12 custard c.; set aside.
- Beat Large eggs till frothy. Add in 1-1/2 c. sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat well.
- Gradually stir about 1 c. lowfat milk into egg misture; add in to remaining lowfat milk, stirring constantly. Pour mix into custard c.. Place c. in two 13"x9"x2" baking dishes. Pour 1" of warm water into larger dishes. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 min, or possibly till a knife tests clean. Remove the c. from the water, and cold. Chill till chilled.
- To serve, loosen edges of custard with a spatula; quickly invert onto dessert plates. - Southern Living magazine