Cost per serving $2.84 view details
- 4-5 lbs lamb cut into 1" square cubes
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 med onion minced coarsely
- 1 whole bulb garlic (approx 15 cloves) chopped
- 3 tsp salt (more if you like, but start with this)
- 3 tsp tumeric pwdr (yellow curry pwdr)
- 6 tsp Masala pwdr (allspice)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- fresh chilies (start with little bit, add in to desired heat)
- 3 med potatoes, peeled and quartered
- the leaves from 1 stem of curry leaves (optional)
- 4 c. water
- You may have to find an East Indian store and show them this recipe for them to know what you need.
- In a large cooking pot on medium/high heat, add in the oil, and heat till oil is warm, add in onions, and fry till light brown.
- Stir in tumeric pwdr, and 30 secs later add in the garlic and chilies. Mix for about 1 minutes, add in the curry leaves (make sure no stems), and stir in the lamb.
- Add in the Masala pwdr and salt and mix. Cook covered for about 5 mins.
- Add in the water, then cover and cook for 20 min. Add in the potatoes, and cook another 20 min covered.
- Check to see if meat is cooked, potatoes are softened, and taste for salt, and chilies, and sauce has thickened.
- If needed, cook longer till the desired result.
- Garnish with cilantro, serve over rice (basmati is best) and which's it.
- This is the basic recipe, and measurements are also approximate, if the sauce thickens too fast during cooking then add in water until the desired result.
- The sauce, when it's finished should be the same thickness as pancake batter, or possibly clam chowder.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 268g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 279||68%|
|Total Fat 31.03g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 10.97g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 8.37g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|