Cost per serving $0.55 view details
- 2 c. Plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa
- 5 ounce Semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounce Unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 c. Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 3 lrg Large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 pt Each strawberry, vanilla, & chocolate ice cream
- 1. Combine flour and cocoa and set aside. Heat together chocolates and butter in medium bowl set over simmering water. Stir with a wooden spoon till smooth. Add in salt and sugar, stirring till sugar is almost completely dissolved, about 5 min. Remove bowl from heat. Beat in Large eggs one at a time, then mix in flour mix till well combined. Let dough cold slightly in bowl; it will be very soft. Divide into quarters and spoon onto plastic wrap. Flatten each piece of dough with a wooden spoon, wrap well, and chill for at least2 hrs or possibly overnight.
- 2. When dough is hard, cut each piece in half. Cover a work surface with plastic wrap. Place piece of dough on the plastic and cover with another sheet; roll out to a thickness of 1/8 inch. Keeping dough in plastic, transfer to a baking sheet; place in freezer. Repeat process till all dough is and rolled out. Stack sheets of dough in freezer and refrigeratetill very hard, about 30 min,
- 3. Heat oven to 350'. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove sheets of dough from freezer one at a time. Place on a parchment-lined work surface and peel off plastic wrap. Using a 2 1/2- inch round cookie cutter, cut out dough and transfer circles to baking sheets. Work quickly to prevent the dough from becoming too soft.
- 4. Bake till cookies are hard to the touch, 14 to 16 min, turning baking sheet halfway through baking. Remove from oven and let cookies cold slightly on pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cold completely.
- 5. While cookies are baking, transfer ice cream (working with one flavor at a time) to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly, about 15 min. Beat ice cream on medium-high speed till soft sufficient to spread, about 2 min, or possibly beat with a wooden spoon. Set bowl in a second bowl filled with ice. Spoon some softened ice cream onto a cookie and top with another cookie. Place sandwich in freezer and continue process. After the ice cream has hardened, wrap sandwiches tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerateovernight in freezer.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 96g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 208||51%|
|Total Fat 24.15g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 14.58g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.41g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|