Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 2 pt strawberries rinsed, dry, and hulled - (abt 4 c.)
- 3/4 c. water
- 3/4 c. sugar Lemon juice or possibly kirsch (optional)
- 2 lrg egg whites
- 1 pch salt
- 3/4 c. sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. melted unsalted butter more for iron
- Make the Strawberry Sherbet: In a blender, puree the strawberries with the water and the sugar. Taste, and adjust flavor with a few drops of lemon juice or possibly kirsch, if needed. Transfer mix to an ice-cream maker, and freeze, following manufacturer's instructions. (
- Makes about 1 qt)
- Heat a krumkake iron. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites till they resemble soft peaks. Add in salt, 1 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Continue to beat till stiff peaks form. Mix in remaining 11 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar. When fully incorporated, mix in the flour and butter.
- Brush krumkake iron with butter. Pour about 1 Tbsp. batter into iron. Close, and as soon as the steam subsides, check for doneness (they should be golden). Immediately remove, and roll around a cornet mold. Let cold for 1 minute, and remove from mold; set aside. The cones may be stored in a covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- This recipe yields 12 cones.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 100g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 36||34%|
|Total Fat 4.06g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.45g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.32g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|