- 2 1/2 lb Beef, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lrg Onions, roughly minced
- 4 ounce Bacon, cut into small cubes
- 2 ounce Lard, (or possibly neutral oil, not extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp. Wheat flower
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika pwdr *
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 can (16 ounce) peeled tomatoes, crushed, with juices
- 4 c. Beef stock
- 1 x Green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 x Red bell pepper, seeded and sliced Salt and black pepper
- * (Paprika : "sharf" means strong and "edelsuss" means sweet, if you have
- "edelsuss", then use 4 Tbsp. paprika)
- Fry bacon till light brown and fat releases. Add in lard, beef and onions.
- Fry till beef is all brown. Sprinkle with wheat flower and paprika pwdr.
- Stir till fat has absorbed powders. Add in the rest of the ingredients, plus some salt and pepper and stir well. Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Stir occasionally and add in water if sauce becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper and serve with boiled potatoes.