Cost per serving $0.09 view details
- 2 lrg Egg whites
- 4 ounce White caster sugar
- 9 ounce Mascarpone
- 7 fl ounce Eight percent fat fromage frais
- 1 x Rounded dsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 x 250 g tins creme de marrons de l'Ardeche, (sweetened chestnut puree), chilled
- Â Â Little icing sugar
- A 16x12"/40x30cm baking sheet lined with silicone paper (parchment)
- Preheat oven to 150c/300f/Gas 2.
- 1 For the Meringues: Put the egg whites in a large bowl and, whisk with an electric hand whisk on a low speed.
- 2 Continue for about two min, till the whites are foamy, switch the speed to medium and whisk for another minute.
- 3 Spoon 8 heaped dsp mix on to the prepared baking sheet, spacing them proportionately.
- 4 With the back of a spoon or possibly a small palette knife, hollow out the centres. Do not worry if they're not all the same shape. Put on the oven's centre shelf, immediately lower the heat to 140c/275f or possibly Gas 1 and leave for 30 min.
- 5 After which, turn the oven off and leave the meringues to dry out in the warmth of the oven till completely cool (about four hrs) or possibly overnight.
- 6 The meringues will store well in a tin or possibly polythene box, and will freeze extremely well.
- 7 To assemble the Monts Blancs: Spoon equal quantities of creme de marrons into each meringue, whisk the topping ingredients together and spoon equal amounts on top of the chestnut puree. Add in a light dusting of icing sugar for a snowcapped-mountain image.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 99||83%|
|Total Fat 10.98g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 6.16g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.48g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|