Blowing -out the inside of an egg before decorating can be a daunting task even for grown-ups. Here's some kid-friendly kitchen tips to make this most unique Easter decoartion become a tradition in your family.
1.When working with a group of children, have at least 1-2 blown-out eggs per child cleaned, ready and waiting to decorate.
2.*Cut egg cartons into individual compartments so each child has one of their own container to hold their egg.
3.Allow the kids to proceed with the instructions and blow-out their own egg/s first. The eggs the kids have blown can be drying while they are actually decorating the already “prepped” and blown-out eggs. The eggs they prepared may be decorated after they have dried ( 10- 15 minutes) later.
4.Have the kids hand-paint the eggs using food colors and Q-tips.
- Eggs in an egg carton
- Straight pin or tapestry needle
- Teaspoon (from your silverware, not for measuring)
- Wooden skewers
- A small bowl or disposable container
- Drinking straws
- 1. Leave the eggs in the carton while you pierce them.
- 2. Place the pin point-down against the top of the egg and lightly tap the pin head with the back of the spoon until it pierces the egg. Insert the wooden skewer into the egg and gently press it down until it pierces the bottom of the egg.
- 3. Remove the egg from the carton, hold it over the bowl and push the skewer up and down through the contents several times to break the yolk. Remove the skewer and place a straw over the hole. Blow through the straw until the contents of the egg are emptied into the bowl. Rinse blown eggs in warm water and dry with a paper towel or let them dry in a clean egg carton.
- 4. Gently wash the inside and outside of the empty eggshells with dishwashing detergent and rinse them. If water remains inside an egg, use a straw to blow it out. Let the eggs dry thoroughly on a rack or in their carton.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 44g|
|Calories from Fat 39||62%|
|Total Fat 4.37g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.36g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.34g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|