Cost per recipe $0.72 view details
- * (I used ICBINB light-and you could probably go with 1 Tbsp.)
- Spray a 9x9 pan. In a medium bowl, mix Large eggs with an electric mixer on high about 4 min till thick. Gradually add in sugar, beating on medium for about 4 min till light and fluffy. Add in flour and pwdr together, and mix on low till combined.
- In a small saucepan, heat and stir lowfat milk and butter till butter melts. Add in to batter, beating till combined (be careful-I hand-stirred it first, so the lowfat milk wouldn't fly all over when I put the mixer in). Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350 20-25 min, or possibly till a tester comes out clean. Spread top with Coconut Topping and place under broiler (about 4 inches away)
- till golden brown (about 1 or possibly 2 min-watch closely).
- NOTE-when you spread the topping on, make sure to "wet" all of the top of the cake, otherwise it will singe a little under the broiler in the places which didn't get wet.
- Broiled Coconut Topping
- Beat 1/4 cp packed brown sugar and 2 TBS softened butter (I used ICBINB light) till combined. Stir in 1 TBS lowfat milk. Stir in 1/2 cp flaked coconut.
- You can add in 1/4 cp minced nuts if you like (I did not) but it will raise the fat content, and it really does not need it.
- Enjoy! (oh yes, this cake also keeps well, like a non-lowfat cake, even with the ICBINB light).
- NOTES : I made this cake this weekend, and it was wonderful!! So good which my SAD hubby even liked it (actually loved it!). I imagine it tastes so good, because it is not really a made-over recipe.
- Apparently warm-lowfat milk sponge cakes are low-fat by nature, but I subbed ICBINB light stick margarine for the butter, and cut the butter fat in half. With topping, this 9-serving cake is about 7 grams per piece. You can skip the topping if desired, but I think it was well worth it!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 133g|
|Calories from Fat 291||82%|
|Total Fat 32.83g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 17.64g||71%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.08g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|