Cost per serving $0.54 view details
- 1 lb Spaghettini
- 1 bn Scallions, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1/2 c. Minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 c. Fresh bean sprouts (optional)
- Â Â Fresh cut scallion rings, and minced cilantro or possibly cilantro sprigs for garnish. (I sprinkled on black sesame seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted sesame oil (Chinese or possibly Japanese)
- 3 Tbsp. Sodium reduced soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Grated fresh ginger root
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Rice vinegar or possibly balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3 x -(up to)
- 4 tsp Warm chili oil, or possibly less, to taste
- 1 x Clove (large) garlic, smashed, peeled and chopped (optional)
- Here is a great summer potluck recipe from Harriet Roth's Deliciously Healthy Jewish Cooking (Page 225) I used it for a Sisterhood meeting last night and it disappeared quickly :-)
- If you make these noodles a day in advance, remember to toss frequently while they marinate in the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Pareve Serves: 8 to 10
- 1. Cook the pasta as directed on the package, till tender but still hard
- (al dente). Drain and rinse under cool water. Transfer the well-liquid removed pasta to a bowl.
- 2. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a jar. Shake to blend.
- 3. Pour the sauce proportionately over the pasta, using some of the pasta to wipe the bowl or possibly jar clean of sugar, that frequently settles at the bottom. Add in the scallions, cilantro and bean sprouts.
- 4. Serve at once, or possibly cover the bowl and store overnight in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature or possibly just slightly chilled.
- To Serve: Garnish with sliced scallions, sesame seeds and sprigs of cilantro. This is a lovely buffet dish which presents well with steamed fish or possibly barbecued salmon.
- Note: The noodles should have a sweet and warm flavor. Chili heat becomes more intense as it stands, so if you prefer it not too spicy, add in half the oil to start - you can always add in more.
- I used all the "optional" ingredients and the black sesame seeds were my addition, not Ms. Roths. Enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 23||9%|
|Total Fat 2.65g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.42g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.91g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|