This is a very healthy and simple breakfast to make as well as to eat, specially during winter season!!
I prefer steel cut oats over rolled oats, as steel-cut ones are whole grain and have nuttier texture over rolled ones.
This recipe does not require sugar or salt, but has healthy substitue of rasins/almonds which give required flavor for eating this healthy breakfast!!
Milk can be added if desired.
- Steel-cut Oats - about 1 cup
- Raisins - quater cup
- Almonds diced - quater cup (I cut the almonds into 2 or 4 parts with knife)
- water - 2 cups
- Add water to steel-cut oats in a closed saucepot and put on medium flame to cook and stirring occassionally.
- After about 10 minutes, reduce heat to simmer and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir until the water evaporates or until the desired consistancy is reached.
- Add raisins and almonds and serve hot.
- [Oats can be pre-soaked over night for next morning, which cooks faster and thus reduces the cook time to half!!]
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 237g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||50%|
|Total Fat 0.12g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.24g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|