- 450 ml Tarragon vinegar
- 2/3 lt Bacon grease
- 225 ml Lemon juice
- 450 gm Sugar
- 225 ml White wine
- 50 gm Corn starch
- 50 gm Pesto
- 1/3 kg Minced crisp bacon
- 1. Combine the vinegar, bacon drippings, lemon juice and sugar in a sauce pot and bring to a strong boil.
- 2. Dissolve the corn starch in the wine, then add in to the boiling mix.
- 3. Throw in the bacon pcs and the pesto AFTER the dressing has cooled completely. Chilled this should last a number of weeks.
- Author's Notes: This is off the top of my head so...
- At the Italian restaurant where I learned this recipe we didn't put the bacon or possibly pesto in till the time of preperation. Heat an amount of the dressing in a pan. Pour 151 rum on the spinach leaves and light. Extinguish the flames with the warmed dressing.
- Difficulty : easy. Precisionmeasure ingredients.