Cost per serving $2.05 view details
- 16 lrg shrimp
- 5 c. water
- 2 x stems fresh lemongrass, (bottom 1/3 of stalk)
- 1 x 1/2" pc galanga or possibly ginger, sliced
- 3 sm warm red chilies, seeded
- 2 x coriander roots
- Â Â salt to taste
- 6 sm fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 4 Tbsp. nam pla, (fish sauce)
- 5 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 15 ounce straw mushrooms, liquid removed
- 2 x stems fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Note: Save shells from the shrimp, including heads, if available.
- This is the quintessential Thai soup aromatic, flavorful, citrus-scented, delicious. If this doesn't hook you on Thai cooking and gardening, nothing will.
- Serves four.
- (Grafton Books).
- Shell and devein shrimp, reserving heads and shells. Place shells and heads in a large saucepan. Add in water, lemongrass and Siamese ginger.
- Using a mortar and pestle, lb. two of the chilies with the coriander roots and add in to pan. Add in the salt and five of the lime leaves, shredded into little pcs.
- Bring the soup to a boil and simmer uncovered 20 to 25 min. Strain stock into a clean pan. Do not panic if it doesn't taste wonderful at this
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 378g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||12%|
|Total Fat 1.06g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.15g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.32g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|