Cost per serving $4.34 view details
- 500 gm chicken breast or possibly thigh cut into thin strips
- 1 x little groundnut oil
- 1Â 1/2 lt good rich chicken stock (not from a cube)
- 2 x cloves of garlic peeled and finely minced
- 2 sm red chillies seeded and minced
- 2 stalk lemon grass peeled minced and crushed
- 6 x kaffir lime leaves rolled tightly and finely shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 4 x spring onions finely sliced
- 1 x juice of 1 lime a handful of coriander leaves minced
- Brush the chicken strips with oil and grill them till golden; be careful not to overcook them.
- Transfer them to a medium sized saucepan and pour over the stock.
- Bring to the boil and add in the garlic chillies lemon grass lime leaves and fish sauce.
- Simmer for about 10 min at a gentle pace.
- Add in the spring onions lime juice a little salt and grnd black pepper then simmer for a further 5 min.
- Stir in the coriander and serve steaming warm.
- Serves 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 990g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 174||42%|
|Total Fat 19.32g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 5.56g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 6.3g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||13%|